Friday, September 29, 2006

A Bozeman Skyline....

As the days have drifted by I realized I have been lacking in my duty to providing thoughtful insight into this world we have created on the internet (aka the Blog). It was about a year ago when this little venture started. It took a while to catch on but soon people from all over the country were logging on and checking up on what the 511 ranch house is up to these days. This network of people that we call friends are all in some way connected to the 511 house. Lately though, I feel like the fanfare for the blog has really dropped off. In the old days you could expect at least 4-5 blogs a week on the happenings and lives of the 511 Ranch. Today we are luvky to receive 1 blog every two weeks. This is a call to action to all of those out there priviliged enough to be invited into the blog. Take responsibility for the duty that has been bestowed upon you and blog away (be sure to include a few photos).

Enough of that nonsense. I just feel like I had to get that out there a nd yes I feel as though I am partially to blame for the lack of blogging lately as well. So lets see, where do I start. I think we will just go with last night and work our way back from there.

So last night, TGR film at the Emerson with the crew and priviliged guests. Good time but no freebies were won in the raffle by anyone from the Ranch crew. Post film drinking occured at the Pourhouse until a decent hour. The situation with the Pourhouse should be the subject of another blog altogether maybe more so the situation of the bars in Bozeman in general. We can get to that another day.

My memory kind of stinks so I will sum up what has been going on. Work during the week, bike, run, exercise/outdoor activity after work leading into dinner and maybe some socializing outside of the house or maybe some guests drop by for a visit. Simple yet pretty much the story of how things go at the Ranch, at least how my life goes during the week. Weekends tend to be a tad more adventurous with possibly more extreme outdoor adventures, a challenging exercise activity, or maybe an excursion to a far off distant land near or in Bozeman.

So that was pretty broad but I would like to include some details that have been going on which I think everyone will appreciate. Finally, but welcomed with open arms, my parents visited this great place I have lived in for the past two years and realized why I have no desire to leave. A good time was had by the rents as I took them to Yellowstone and most of the other touron things you can do here. About two weeks before that our friend Mel accompanied me to the wedding of a co-worker. It was a great time with dancing and awesome food and Mel is a great wedding date. I don't know if anyone blogged about this yet but about a month ago 3 Ranch hands traveled to a little town called Dillon for maybe one of the coolest rodeo's to date. Tucker, Aunge and Patrick all were in costume for this wonderful event. So this bog is becoming rather long and I will try to wrap it up here.

Like I said before, I will promise to make an effort to blog more frequently and try to revive the vitality that this site once had. I am asking everyone else who can blog to do the same. So in closing, I would just like to give a big "YA HEY DER" to all the ranch hands far and near. They know who they are. Peace out, good luck and stay in touch.

Word to your mother,

Patrick

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...surprisingly this is my first time to read the 511 times...and I must say I'm very impressed with everyone's writing skills. But I'm sitting here in my studio in Chicago thinking of all the good times I've had at 511. Just had an enjoyable weekend with Justin and, as he can vouch for me, we drank our share of beer, definitely more than I have consumed since I left the Bozone, and did lots of sightseeing. Had a surprise visit from Paul as well which added to the beligerence. My fridge is stocked with Leiny's just for the sake of all of you....not to mention it's great beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home