Sunday, December 18, 2005

That's not a lion, it's a giraffe!

According to the internet, which I still believe never lies, as TV failed me several years ago, it is 18 degrees below zero outside right now. I bought new snow tires today for the Volvo, but I think that they will be useless when the damn car can't even start in the first place. I guess it did hesitantly roll over this morning. Like a dream. It was so cold that the heated seats wouldn't even work. Wait; they don't even work in the summer. By midweek the temperature is supposed to gun all the way up into the 40's. If things go well, it will get warm enough that everything will melt and be very wet, and right at the wettest point, it will get really cold again and freeze so that I can skate to work. Speaking of work, we all had the weekend off. To celebrate, on Saturday Patrick and I went to Big Sky. Wait - that's hardly taking a day off. But it was fun. The snow was great, and I did't get frostbitten. Patrick broke his snowboard. Last night Julia made lasagna for all of us. It was delicious. My new friend Heidi came over for the meal, and things were, as usual, rediculous. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but we laughed a lot. A trip to the baxter followed. Pabst is up to $3.00 per, and only available on tap. Delicious, but worth it? We protested the upscaling of our favorite smoke free bar in town by playing quarters and putting several hundred small dents in out table. You may call that vandalism, but I still call it an undesired side effect. As it turns out, girls are better than guys at quarters. Danny and I represented well, sinking a total of zero quarters between the two of us. Patrick actually managed to get 2 in, but I think one of them was actually just tossed, and not bounced, resulting in no new dent in the table. On the other side of things, Heidi and Julia proved to be quarters stars. At some point, it almost felt as if I was being picked on. I had to drink several beers that ended with a quarter going in my mouth, the history of which was and remains unknown. At some point Julia actually tipped over in her chair, and I don't think that it was intentional. Since she didn't actually get to see it happen, being a participant and all, I did an instant replay and ended up on the floor myself. I still only have one dollar in my wallet. Enya is suddenly playing on this computer, which, if you can imagine, really motivates the blogging. I think that I really like using commas, and I probably use them too much in places where I don't actually need one. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Yes commas are a nice substitute for a period. Especially when you don't want to end a thought and just keep on ramblin.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Blog on brother. Good show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home